NYNAPC - Office Visit
All new patients are required to complete a new patient package prior to the office visit. Please choose one:
As it may take some time to gather correct dosages of medications, dates of medical procedures etc, filling the medical questionnaire out before you arrive will make your visit run smoothly and will give us the most information about your medical health so we can spend more of your visit time focusing on your reason for seeing us. Some patients find it easier to keep their medical history in their own typewritten document that is updated to include medical and surgical history, family history, allergies, current medications, and contact information for their other physicians. If you already have this information in a concise format, you can save some time by presenting this to us along with the review of symptoms section on our medical history form.
The following documents require review and signature and can be reviewed through the portal or in the office.
1. Patient policies for NY Neurological Associates
2. HIPAA privacy notice
3. Release of information, Assignment of benefits, financial responsibility
Please note because of construction near both of our offices, please allow extra travel time.
Going to the doctor can be an anxiety-provoking experience for many patients and there are many things to remember. To help us provide the best care during your visit, please be sure to bring:
- Your insurance card
- Photo ID
- Credit card is preferred for co-payment. However, we accept cash or check.
- Your referring doctor's name, address, phone number so we can adequately communicate with him/her.
- The reason for your referral.
- Your current medication list with doses and frequencies (or bring the medication bottles).
- New patient forms
- Any outside reports and films or CD's that may be helpful during your visit. These would include MRI and CT scan reports, EMG reports, EEG reports, recent blood tests, and prior neurological evaluations.
- A relative or friend with you, if you think you may have trouble remembering the details of your medical history or the issues discussed during the office visit.
So that we can stay on schedule and see you in a timely fashion, please arrive 20 minutes prior to your appointment to register, provide insurance information, and fill out new patient forms if you have not done so already.
Payment in full is required at the time of visit. Credit cards are preferred but we do accept cash or check. A credit card on file is required for follow up visits.
The neurologist will go over your history and discuss your current complaints with you. The doctor will then perform a neurological examination that may test memory, strength, sensation, coordination, walking, and reflexes. The doctor will then discuss the diagnostic and treatment plan with you.
The neurologist may recommend certain diagnostic tests which may include: blood tests, MRI, CT, EEG, EMG, carotid dopplers, vestibular testing, tilt table testing, lumbar puncture, neuropsychological testing, or skin biopsy.
The treatment plan may include medication and in some cases physical therapy.
After your visit with the doctor, our staff will help to coordinate:
- Scheduling of tests
- Pre-certification with insurance companies for tests such as MRI and CT
- Follow up appointments
Please register for the portal to request refills, communicate securely with our practice, and manage appointments.
- Scheduling appointments
- Check-in for your visit
- Refill requests of medications
- Sending a secure message to your doctor
- Updating your medical history
- Bill payment